For several decades, HP, an extensively acknowledged American multinational technology corporation, has maintained a prominent role within the technology sector. HP’s impact on the technology landscape has been substantial, as it has provided a diverse array of products and solutions that have molded our work and lifestyle in the digital era.
History of HP
Founded in 1939 by Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard in a one-car garage in Palo Alto, California, HP began its journey with the development of electronic test equipment. Their inaugural product, however, was an audio oscillator, marking the start of a journey that would see the company gain a reputation for swiftly delivering innovative and high-quality products.
The scope of HP’s offerings has expanded significantly over time, encompassing an extensive range of technology products and services:
- HP stands as a major manufacturer of desktops, laptops, and various computing devices.
- Renowned for its printers, HP provides a spectrum of options, from household printers to robust commercial and industrial machines, covering both inkjet and laser printing technologies.
- HP delivers server solutions tailored for businesses, data centers, and cloud computing needs.
- Offering an array of business solutions, including networking equipment, software, and services.
- In the realm of consumer electronics, HP produces monitors, accessories, and digital entertainment products.
- Through software solutions, HP serves various industries with applications in management, security, analytics, alongside consulting and support services.
HP’s technological contributions and innovations have left a distinct mark on the industry:
- HP’s pioneering work in inkjet printing technology democratized printing, making it more accessible and cost-effective.
- The company’s LaserJet printers set a high-quality printing standard within the business world.
- HP played a pivotal role in popularizing personal computing through its range of desktop and laptop computers.
- Early adoption of touchscreen technology in consumer devices showcased HP’s forward-looking approach.
- Engaging in diverse research projects, HP’s involvement spanned areas like artificial intelligence and networking.
The evolution of HP took a notable turn in 2015 when the company split into two distinct entities: HP Inc. and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). While HP Inc. concentrates on personal computers and printers, HPE specializes in enterprise solutions, servers, and services.
HP’s commitment extends beyond technology, demonstrated through its active engagement in corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability. The company’s implementation of diverse initiatives reflects its dedication to reducing environmental impact and championing social causes.
Laptops by HP
Here are some of the best laptops of HP that you can buy this year:
HP Spectre X360 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop
|Standing screen display size||16 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||3840 x 2160 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||3072 x 1920 Pixels|
|Processor||1.7 GHz core_i7_family|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4|
|Hard Drive||512 GB SSD|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel Iris Xe Graphics|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||17 Hours|
Positive Experiences (Pros):
- Sensory Comfort: The HP Spectre x360 was a relief for the user due to its quiet operation, making it suitable for someone with sensory issues related to sound.
- Versatile for Creative Work: The laptop allowed the user to engage in computer art using software like Photoshop and Painter without any problems. It was mentioned that 3D Blender was also present and expected to work smoothly.
- Adaptable to Different Environments: The laptop effectively functioned in various rooms under different lighting conditions.
- Touchscreen and Pen: Users valued the touch screen and found it compatible with the HP Tilt Pen. Nevertheless, they observed certain software applications exhibiting problems with pressure and tilt sensitivity.
- Audio and Entertainment: People praised the laptop for its excellent music playback and its ability to handle movies and games, even those of lower quality.
Constructive Feedback (Cons):
- Pen Issues: Critics found fault with the HP Tilt Pen’s drivers, citing inadequate optimization that resulted in issues with pressure, tilt sensitivity, and random dots in applications like Photoshop and Painter.
- Charging and Ventilation: There was advice to ensure proper ventilation for the laptop’s back vent when folded, and not to charge the laptop inside its case as the charger might activate the laptop’s fan, needing proper airflow.
- Battery Charging Habits: The user preferred to charge the laptop once or twice a day and avoid letting the battery level go below 40-50% to maintain electronic health.
HP Envy x360 2-in-1 15.6
|Standing screen display size||15.6 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Processor||2.3 GHz ryzen_5|
|RAM||16 GB LPDDR4|
|Hard Drive||512 GB SSD|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon R5|
- The review describes the laptop as great and helpful.
- Positive attributes mentioned include the touch screen, bright display, 360-degree hinge, and sturdiness.
- The reviewer conducted extensive research on different laptops and found this one to be the best in terms of price and features.
- The laptop is lightweight, elegant, and fast.
- People praise the elegance of the packaging and laptop design.
- People appreciate the laptop’s material, resolution, colors, and illuminated keyboard.
- The reviewer has had the laptop for a week without any problems.
- The reviewer mentions two main flaws with the laptop: it’s heavy and the keyboard layout isn’t intuitive due to the offset letters.
- The positive aspects highlighted include the great screen resolution and responsive touch component.
- The reviewer expresses dissatisfaction, stating that the laptop is not what they expected. They find it huge, very rectangular, and extremely heavy.
|Standing screen display size||13.3 Inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Processor||4.7 GHz core_i7|
|RAM||8 GB 8 GB DDR4|
|Memory Speed||2400 MHz|
|Hard Drive||256 GB SSD|
|Wireless Type||Bluetooth, 802.11ax|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||13 Hours|
Positive Review 1:
- The reviewer highlights the positive aspects of the laptop, including its fast performance, Windows 11 Home pre-installed, fingerprint login, and SSD upgradability.
- Users can upgrade the laptop’s SSD drive, but the onboard RAM cannot be upgraded.
- The laptop’s speed, features, and power are praised.
- The laptop is deemed great for daily tasks and office-related work, with good battery life and touch responsiveness.
- The reviewer appreciates its portability for different meetings.
- People praise the laptop for its speed, lightweight design, and good battery life.
Mixed Review 1:
- The reviewer points out positive attributes of the laptop, including speed, memory, storage, keyboard, and display.
- However, issues with the laptop’s hinges are reported after three months of use. The hinges are coming apart and creaking, causing the laptop to close by itself in reclining mode.
- Users have noted that the battery life is shorter than the claimed 13 hours, typically around 4 to 5 hours.
- The reviewer expresses love for the laptop but notes that it’s a 2020 model, which required updates after setup.
- Critics direct their criticism towards the display’s outdoor performance, unfavorably comparing it to an iPad Pro.
Printers by HP with Reviews
OfficeJet Pro 8025e
- Long-time HP User: The reviewer has a history of using HP inkjet printers and appreciates their reliability.
- Wired and Wi-Fi Connectivity: The inclusion of both wired Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections in the printer is praised for offering flexibility.
- Sheet-Fed Scanner: Users report that the sheet-fed scanner works well and consider it a positive feature.
- Ease of Setup: Users regard the setup process for the printer as quick and easy.
- Auto Feed Feature: Users highlight the auto-feed feature as impressive and efficient.
- Print Quality: The printer produces high-quality prints, including photographs that are colorful, clean, and sharp.
- Compact Design: Users mention the compact size of the printer as a positive aspect.
- Quality and Reliability: The printer’s quality, longevity, and reliability align with the reviewer’s positive expectations from HP products.
- Standardized Ink Cartridges: The reviewer expresses a wish for HP to standardize ink cartridges across printer models to avoid waste.
- Specific Ink Cartridge Models: Those who have remaining unused cartridges find the printer’s use of different ink cartridge models (902 vs. 910) inconvenient and wasteful.
- Color Ink Cost: It’s acknowledged that color ink can be expensive, and this fact was anticipated by the user.
- Printer Cartridge Replacement: Some reviewers indicated potential issues with ink consumption as replacement ink cartridges were sent early on or after minimal usage.
- Ink Usage with Idle Printer: The printer’s consumption of ink even with infrequent printing raises a concern, potentially leading to quicker cartridge replacement.
- Print Quality Variation: A reviewer reports seeing lines in printed images, possibly due to print quality settings.
- Touchscreen Size: Some users note the potential drawback of the touchscreen’s small size, stating that it makes reading and using it difficult.
- Printer Footprint: The printer’s larger footprint and height may pose issues for users with limited space.
DeskJet 3755 Compact All-in-One Wireless Printer
- Compact Size: The customers appreciate printer’s small and compact design for saving space.
- Print Quality: Users generally find the print quality to be good, especially for color prints on card stock.
- Value for Price: The printer is considered a good value for its affordable price.
- Fast Performance: Many users find the printer to be fast and efficient, especially for its intended use.
- Wireless Connectivity: The ability to connect wirelessly is convenient for users.
- Reliability: Users report that the printer is reliable, with no major issues over time.
- Setup Difficulty: Several users mention that the setup process, especially the wireless setup, can be confusing and challenging.
- Software Issues: Some users encountered difficulties with the HP Smart app, especially on specific operating systems like Catalina OS.
- Connection Issues: A few users experienced connectivity issues, including the printer disconnecting from the network.
- Slow Color Printing: The printer is reported to be slower when printing in color.
- Scanning Limitations: The printer’s limitations for scanning multiple pages or documents are noted.
HP OfficeJet 250
- T. Richards (Canada) – 5.0 out of 5 stars
- Positive: Considers it the best portable printer on the market that can perform multiple functions and is also portable.
- Client d’Amazon (France) – 4.0 out of 5 stars
- Positive: Meets expectations for both professional and personal uses. Was recommended by someone and finds it suitable.
- sweis brouwer (Canada) – 4.0 out of 5 stars
- Positive: Finds the print quality clear, especially on color pictures. Frequently uses it for cards and finds it useful.
- F.H. (Germany) – 5.0 out of 5 stars
- Positive: Uses the printer for work and on the go. Praises its performance, features, and reliability.
- Negative: Finds the price (around 450€) quite high, and suggests that alternatives might be more affordable and suitable.
Overall, the reviews highlight positive aspects of the printer, including its portability, print quality, and suitability for various uses. However, there’s a mention of the higher price point being a consideration for potential buyers. It’s clear that users have varying expectations and needs, but the printer’s capabilities and features seem to have met their requirements well.